October

on Friday, October 23, 2009

This month has been an interesting one for sure. It started out so unusually cold and snowy for an october that we were all wondering what kind of winter we have in store for us! Thankfully the cold has subsided and it's back into normal weather in the 50's.


Leah enjoying her first trip to work in the snow!

Last week both Leah and I got the swine flu. It wasn't much worse than the normal flu. I worked after having it for two days...not saying that it was the greatest idea but hey, I worked nonetheless. Speaking of work, Leah is still working at the bank and work has picked up for me as well and i've been working normal amounts instead of a couple days a week which is really nice for a change.


Two weeks ago our pastor's wife Christina(youth group leader) asked Leah and I to join the staff of our church's youth group "Catalyst". We accepted. It has around 100 kids everyweek and seems to really be thriving. Kinda crazy that a town of 5000 people has a youth group of 100. I went to Billings with the youth group last week to a youth conference. It was a lot of fun and much better way to get to know the kids than just the wednesday night format. It was a good conference and the speaker "Reggie Dabbs" was excellent, as was the Tim Bach Band that did the worship for the conference. Leah and I are excited to find a place in the youth team and see what kids God will place in our lives.


I also got to see Emily Carpenter in her home town. It was a short visit, but it's always nice to reconnect with old ywam friends.
What good is a trip without a little vehicle trouble? Oh yeah, and this baby was shooting flames out of the tailpipe...which may or may not have started a small grass fire in the median..

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey Kyle it was soooo good to see you too! :) Seriously when i walked into the coffee shop and saw you, I felt warmer. Like I saw family! :) and that was so comforting. I hope you enjoyed your trip, an next time you and Leah decide to visit Billings, I'll give you guys a great tour of our lovely city! Miss you both... and hope you two are feeling better! Love Emily

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.