Back home...

on Sunday, May 10, 2009

I am back in Montana. After a couple of years of living in Maui and being on staff with YWAM I have made my way back home. It's nice to be back in a place where the air is crisp and clean. Where my bedroom is bigger than the one I used to share with 4 other guys. Where there is a fridgerator full of food that doesn't have peoples names scribbled on it. Where I can leave my towel in the shower. Yep, it's a little place called "Home".

It was one of the best moments I have had all year when my two nephews ran up to meet me and hug me as I arrived in the terminal of the massive Missoula airport. I missed those little guys so much. My neice Kellyn is still warming up to me though, she's a bit shy and I'm pretty much a complete stranger to her. Yeah, family is good! As I was walking to our car in the airport parking lot my nephew Kaden asked me "uncle kyle, when are you leaving?" Sadly that's most of what he knows of me and that is the norm for him, to see me leave after a couple of weeks of being home. My brother explained to him that I just got here and that I'm not leaving. That's a good feeling to know that I can be present in their lives.

I'm laying in my own bed as I write this...queen size and lots of warm blankets on it. Just livin' the dream.

0 comments: